Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It All Comes Down To This.

"Nothing is more difficult, and therefore precious, then to be able to decide." -Napoleon Bonaparte









Decisions, decisions. They are oh-so hard to make. Especially for me. (But that is not my fault, I get it from my mom's side of the family.) I can think about things for ever and ever, list the pros and cons, think about every possibility and outcome, and it still takes me forever. It's a curse I tell you, a curse. But that's not the point.

As I've mentioned before, I've been trying to decide what school to go to ALL SUMMER. It's not exactly like walking through a meadown on a bright spring morning. Brockbank. APA. They're both very different schools, with different teachers, different kids. Last night I had a huge talk with my parents about this very topic. This entire summer I've been thinking of it as a decision between something that's 'good or bad.' But it wasn't until last night I realized it's really a decision of what's good, and what's better. Which makes it even harder.

I really like the quote up there because it's saying that making decisions is probably the hardest thing all of us have to go through, but it's also the most precious because it helps us to grow. I wish that I would have found this quote a lot sooner than I did. :) I've realized that after this is all over, I'll be a better person. And someday I'll look back at this time in my life and be grateful.


Because that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment