Saturday, August 20, 2011

Keep The Faith.

This past summer, I was faced with a very important, and extremely difficult decision. So important, that it may have an impact on my future. So difficult, I knew I wasn't going to be able to get throught it without my Heavenly Father.

So I did the only thing I knew how to do.

I prayed.

And prayed, and prayed, and prayed, and prayed.

As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever prayed so hard in my life.

I remember thinking that this decision was way to complicated and hard for a naive 14 year old like me. That I wasn't strong or courageous enough.

So I prayed some more.

At times, I wondered if I was ever going to get an answer. Which really, was a stupid thing to wonder.

Because after several weeks of intense praying, fasting, and pondering, I did get an answer. And as of right now, I'm ashamed I ever doubted that I wouldn't.

But the whole point is that I got an answer. And honestly, it wasn't the answer that I wanted.

So the first thing I did?

I cried. Hard.

But what I've learned from this whole experience is that, sometimes, what we want isn't necessarily what we need.

So even though the outcome of this whole thing is not what I wanted or expected, and it's going to take some stregnth to move forward, I know that everything is going to be just fine. But how can I be sure?
Well, the answer to that is simple: Heavenly Father will never give us something that we can't handle, because he knows how incredibly strong we are. He's the only one that believes in us even when others don't. So I know for a fact, that if I just have the courage and the faith, and trust in the Lord, everything is going to turn our alright.

And you can't really argue with that. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment